Post Natal Training
The Mummy Tummy Method is a holistic health and wellbeing programme created by mums, for mums.
Its aim is to help rebuild the strength and function of your body after pregnancy. We work on the foundations of your body to help you lose your “Mummy Tummy”, re-activate and strengthen your core/pelvic floor muscles, re-align your posture and lose excess belly fat. The method is holistic, addressing both boosting the strength and power of your body AND your mind. We not only want to make you strong on the outside, but we want to make you feel powerful, strong and confident on the inside too.
Our Method has two stages…
Aimed at new mums in the immediate days and weeks post-birth, this stage is less about exercise and more about offering tips and guidance on protecting your mind and body during the first few important weeks of motherhood.
Advice provided on:
- Understanding and accepting the changes your body and mind have undergone during pregnancy
- The science behind your pelvic floor health
- Exposing the “truth” behind motherhood – honest accounts and body images of those early days of motherhood from ourselves and the many the women that we have worked with over the years
- Advice and guidance on the science behind losing the “mummy tummy” and the difference between a perfectly healthy, toned or wobbly, smooth or stretch-marked tummy (which we shouldn’t be told we have to lose) and a mummy tummy which we really could do with losing for the sake of our health (one which may have abdominal separation or weakness in the core/pelvic floor muscles).
- Basic, realistic and healthy nutritional advice
- C-section healing advice
- Advice on how to move in the best possible way to aid recovery of your body – picking up that heavy car seat right, laying the baby down correctly, bending down and rising out of bed
Physical activities include:
- Simple, basic level, pelvic floor activation exercises – safe to do in the days following childbirth
- Posture awareness – stand, sit and move correctly in these early weeks following childbirth to aid healing and re-alignment of your body
- Guided motivational meditation – to help you de-stress and relax
- Simple, basic level, deep core exercises – and no we are not talking sit-ups here! We are talking, safe to do-from-birth, activation exercises to wake up those deep core muscles
- Short, simple mental activities to help keep your mindset positive
There is a huge amount of advice given during this stage of the method for new mums. Hopefully it can help make those early days and weeks of motherhood a little less of a challenge for you, to ensure you can happily enjoy this precious time with your little one.
A safe and effective springboard into exercise after childbirth. This stage of the method is a full post-natal fitness programme aimed at rebuilding your body’s foundations. This will ensure that before you begin exercising more intensely, your body and mind are both strong and prepared.
- Re-aligning your posture
- Re-building the strength of your pelvic floor using whole-body movements
- Switching back on your glutes (bottom muscles) and deep core muscles and rebuilding the strength of your whole body
- Ensuring you are breathing correctly to reduce pressure on your core/pelvic floor
- Ensuring you are armed with relaxation techniques to reduce your stress levels
- Deeper nutritional guidance than that provided in Stage 1 - aiming for lifelong healthy nutritional habits and realistic, fresh recipes for busy mums